Today was Ella's last day of swim lessons. I really hate to see it end because she had really made progress this past week. She started using her arms to swim, instead of just doggie-paddling all over the pool, and she has overcome her fear of the backstroke, which Ella often refers to as "the backrub." The last two weeks on the way to swim lessons..."Mommy, I don't want to do the backrub today." "The what?" "The backrub." "The backstroke?" "Yeah, the backstroke. I don't want to do that." But, while she still doesn't like being on her back in the water, she at least got to the point where she would cooperate without crying and didn't seem nearly as terrified.
Today her regular instructor wasn't there, so another instructor taught the class, who also taught it once before. She kept laughing at Ella constantly saying, "No I can do it myself!" when she would try to help her with something. She is definitely an independent little girl when it comes to doing things. Even as we were leaving today and telling her thank you she mentioned Ella saying, "I can do it myself!" I told her that it's something I hear a lot!
Today at the end of the lessons they let the kids go down the slide. Ella was super excited, until we got in line with the big kids. Then she was nervous and started crying. But she was brave and went down the slide, and then went down a second time. I was so proud of her! I got her second slide on video...
No comments:
Post a Comment