Saturday, May 7, 2011

It's Derby day...have some pie!!

One of MY favorite Kentucky Derby traditions involves chocolate, of course. I love Derby Pie! So in honor of today's festivities, I thought I would share my Derby Pie recipe. It's not actually mine. It's my mom's. And she got it from someone else. So I have no idea where this originated, but who cares.  It's delicious! Oh and keep in mind that many Derby Pie recipes contain bourbon. Mine does not. I think that's gross. So if you want a bourbon filled Derby Pie recipe you will have to search elsewhere!

Derby Pie

In microwave safe bowl, melt 1 stick of butter

In same bowl add:
1 cup of sugar combined with 1/2 cup of plain flour
2 eggs, well beaten
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans

Pour in unbaked pie shell and bake 45-50 minutes at 350 degrees.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment