Ronnie worked 12 hour shifts all weekend, but on Saturday night he surprised me when he came home with flowers, a card, a gift card for a massage and, proving that he truly knows the way to my heart, a French silk pie blizzard from Dairy Queen. :) Needless to say, I was excited and surprised. I can't wait to get my massage!
On Mother's Day the girls and I went to church that morning, then after they took their naps that afternoon we went to the park. Not a great idea, I think everyone else decided to go to the park that day, too. But we had a good time! Kendall loves swinging and playing in the dirt. Ella loves pushing Kendall in the swing, and is becoming a very "big girl" at the park and can pretty much do anything she wants with little assistance.
I did have another Mother's Day surprise. On Friday our neighbor Cheri watched the girls while Ronnie and I went to the Oaks. While we were gone, Ella and Cheri made me a beautiful pair of earrings and a necklace. I didn't know anything about this. When Ronnie and I got back Ella had just gone to bed, but she was still awake so we let her get up for a few minutes to say hi. She came downstairs and said, "Daddy, I want to give Mommy her earrings!" Ronnie had a panicked look on his face. It was hilarious. Ross was here when they were making the earrings, so he knew where they were. Ella was so excited to give them to me, and they are so pretty! And Ronnie was relieved. Ella has been known to ruin surprises (ex. On Christmas Ronnie was opening a gift and Ella said "Daddy I helped wrap your black pants!") After I opened the earrings he said, "I didn't know what she was talking about...I didn't get you earrings!" Then the next day Cheri came over with a box and Ella said, "Is that Mommy's necklace?!" Surprise ruined again. She's so funny. :)
I had a great day hanging out with the girls on Mother's Day. We spent a lot of time outside. Ella has pretty much mastered riding her bike that she got for her birthday. After Kendall went to bed Ella and I ate popcorn and watched Tangled. We hadn't seen it yet, but it is really cute! She loved it. Unfortunately she now wants to watch it all the time and we only had a one day Redbox rental. It might be one we will purchase for a special occasion.
And of course I hope my mom had a very special Mother's Day. She's the best!
It's hard to get a good picture when no one is home to take it!
But I think it's even harder to get a picture of the two of them together!
No comments:
Post a Comment