Friday, January 28, 2011

Who needs the shake weight...we've got The Bachelor Workout!!

So I really like watching The Bachelor. I know, it’s trashy. Every season I say that I’m not going to watch it, then every season they do all the little promo ads and it gets me interested enough to watch the first episode, then I’m hooked. Now that we have DVR (yes, we just got cable and DVR. We haven’t had it since we moved into our house in May ’08!) it makes it even easier for me to just relax and watch it in peace after the girls go to bed.

So anyway, the new season is a few episodes in and my family has figured out a way to incorporate exercise into The Bachelor. It has also allowed me to find a way to get Ronnie and Ross to watch it with me, hehe. I was joking around with my mom about this today and she found our new Bachelor/exercise routine hilarious and asked me to post the details on my blog. So here’s how it goes…

This all started because one episode we were watching and making fun of the girls (and the guy…Womack is a bit of a softy) for saying the same cheesy lines all the time, ‘I wear my heart on my sleeve…’ ‘I put myself out there…’ ‘I let down my walls…' blah blah blah. Lightbulb!! I suggested to the guys, why don’t we each pick our “favorite” phrase for the next episode, and each time someone says that phrase, whoever chose it gets to pick out some type of workout for the other two to do. Much like a drinking game, but we don't drink, so this works for us! So I got out pen and paper and we started setting rules. Those three phrases I mentioned were our phrases - the first was mine, then Ross’s, then Ronnie’s. Unfortunately mine wasn’t used one time (can you believe that?!) but Ross’s was used five times and Ronnie’s was used two or three times. So we spent the episode doing a variety of crunches, pushups, mountain climbers, wall sits, etc. I may need to change my Monday workout at the gym. It is usually my long run day, but I ran six miles about five hours before our shenanigans began and it made wall sits incredibly difficult! We had a lot of fun doing this, but of course Ronnie and I are exercise nuts and we are turning Ross into one, so most people probably wouldn’t enjoy this and would think that we are crazy.

We have decided to do things differently for the next episode because we want to get more of a workout afterwards. We need to wake up sore from this! So we picked some frequent occurrences from the show…easy to do…and set an exercise value to each one. So this is what we’ve got…

- Inappropriate female shot – 10 crunches of choice
       This refers to anytime we see a part of the female’s body BEFORE we see her face. Crunches are good to do after an inappropriate female shot...most of the girls are in good shape and I want my abs back.

- Inappropriate male shot – 10 push ups
        Anytime we see Brad slowly pull off his shirt, or like mentioned before, when we see parts of his body before we see his face.

- Steals Him Away – 10 tricep dips
        Anytime Brad is talking (or making out with) a girl and another girl “steals him away” – this usually happens on group dates and at the rose ceremony. It’s gotten pretty ridiculous so we should have some killer triceps when this season is over.

- Crying girl – 20 jumping jacks
        Enough said.

- “Last time” – 30 second wall sits
        Brad was The Bachelor a few seasons ago and at the end of the season he didn’t choose a girl. No big deal, right? I think it was a respectable decision. Not these chicks. They are constantly talking about “last time” and worried that he will do the same thing again. Whatever…

- Therapy – 10 power squats (love these!)
        So after his last season Brad went through some “intense therapy” with his “amazing therapist” to “sort through his commitment issues” blah blah blah. This gets mentioned a lot and the therapist frequently shows up. So for this, we will squat.

- Violent references – 10 lunges each leg
        These girls are seriously out for blood.

So there you have it. This is what we will be doing when we watch The Bachelor each Monday. I will not patent or copyright the above workout, so feel free to adapt some form of it or copy it completely. Let’s get in shape while we watch crazy, psychotic girls fall madly in love with Brad Womack in six weeks! All but one will get her heart broken, one will (possibly) get a ring, then 3 weeks later they will break up and it will be all over the news and every magazine cover and they will get a special on ABC to talk about it more and extend their 15 minutes of fame. Woo hoo! (Oh, and I'm pulling for Emily!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment