Wednesday, June 22, 2011

June 10 - Anniversary, Rehearsal & Diamonds!

Friday, June 10 was a very special day for our family. It was mine and Ronnie’s 5 year anniversary! We celebrated in Scottsville and arrived the day before because we had a busy weekend ahead. Ronnie’s younger sister Tara was getting married on Saturday!
Ronnie had a HUGE surprise for me! He had mentioned several times that he was really excited about my gift. I was anxious to see what it was, but was absolutely stunned when he handed me a Shane Co. jewelry box…and even more stunned when I opened it and saw a gorgeous pair of diamond earrings!! I was embarrassed to even give him his gift. I had bought him some new golf clothes and hat. Don’t get me wrong, they were really nice, but greatly paled in comparison to what he got me. They are beautiful and literally haven’t left my ears!

Because of a lack of time and the insanity that June has brought, we weren’t able to do anything special for our anniversary. On our honeymoon we talked about how it would be great to go back to Mazatlan for our 5 year anniversary. But we weren’t expecting to have a 3 year old and a 14 month old at that point! But we still had a great time and were able to be with both of our families. The Mazatlan trip will probably have to wait until 10 years! More than anything we are so thankful with the blessings God has given us in the last 5 years. We have a wonderful marriage and two beautiful, healthy children. Happiness is really all you can ask for and we strive to not take it for granted.

That evening was Tara and Daniel’s rehearsal and dinner. This was a pretty big deal for Ella, who was a flower girl for the first time. We have been talking about Ella’s role as a flower girl for quite some time now, but I had no idea how she would handle it. Tara surprised Ella with a sweet book called “Fiona the Flower Girl” and also Flower Girl Dora. If Dora can’t get Ella excited about something, then nothing can!! Ella was so excited to meet the three other flower girls, her older cousins who live in Texas. They clearly had more experience being flower girls, and unfortunately Ella didn’t feel too enticed to follow their lead. Of course since Ella is only 3 my expectations weren’t too high, I’ve heard stories about my flower girl experience at age 3, but she wanted nothing to do with standing at the front of the church, and preferred to just wander around. Thankfully I knew I would be sitting with Ronnie in the front row and would be able to grab her if things got out of hand! I’ve always heard my parents say that they were more nervous before weddings in which I was the flower girl than they were before their own wedding, and let’s just say that I completely understand that feeling now!

After the rehearsal we enjoyed a delicious dinner of barbeque at a new place in Scottsville called The Lyric. The food was delicious and we had a great time with family and friends we hadn’t seen in a long time.

Stay tuned for my next post to see how the wedding went. Here are a few pictures from the day!

Me and Ronnie



Our Family, on the way to the wedding rehearsal

Kendall playing during rehearsal

I think this was taken during the only 10 seconds Ella stood in place

Ronnie and Ross walking Tara down the aisle

No comments:

Post a Comment