Thursday, June 30, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

My blog posts are all a little behind, but I'm still catching up on our busy, busy June. I don't want to leave anything out, so I'm posting as fast as I have time and hope to eventually be completely caught up!
We were still in Scottsville on June 13, my 27th birthday. Ronnie was at Kentucky Changers with our youth group at church (I'm trying to get him to write a post about this...) but I had a great time celebrating with the girls, Travis and mom and dad. Mom actually gave me my birthday presents three days early. My mom is NOT the type to ever ruin a surprise. She doesn't even want me to know what she buys the girls for Christmas or their birthdays, so when she said she wanted to give me my present early I knew something was up! She had made me an awesome quilt made up of t-shirts from my childhood. The first shirt is a WKU shirt I used to wear to Aunt Laura's ball games when I was around 2 years old, and they went all the way up to my YMCA Staff shirt I wore when I worked at the Y from age 16 to age 21! Most of the in between shirts were basketball or softball shirts, and shirts from trips. The last time she was at our house she actually stole an old Minnie Mouse shirt of mine that Aunt Laura had gotten for me in Hawaii. Ella loves wearing that shirt, but mom replaced it with new Minnie Mouse shirt for Ella. :)

That night Dad grilled out. Nothing better than a "Teddy burger" for my birthday...or maybe two! Mom bought an ice cream cake and I'm pretty sure I ate about half of it. My grandma (Mema) and my great-aunt (Ma) both came over to eat with us. My grandma gave me a a beautiful keepsake. It was an antique angel that said "June" on it. It belonged to my great grandmother (my grandpa's mother) who actually had the same birthday as me. When she passed away it was given to my grandma, she was the only person in the family with a June birthday. So Mema decided to pass it down to me! I love family keepsakes!

Here are a few birthday pictures:

Opening my quilt

So cool!


Blowing out the candle!


Uh oh, Travis fell asleep!


No comments:

Post a Comment