Ella was in desperate need for some Mommy & Daddy time without Kendall. She’s had a rough few weeks. Since Kendall was born she will occasionally go through stages of regression. I'm certain it is in response to the attention Kendall demands, but this has by far been the worst one. I try so hard to give Ella as much attention as I do Kendall, but it is extremely difficult to divide it evenly, as Kendall requires so much right now. I am hopeful that this will soon get better as Kendall is getting older (she will be 1 on Thursday!). I am finished breastfeeding (hallelujah!) thanks to some freezer-stored milk that will be used until she is completely on whole milk in about another week, so that in itself will allow me to have more Ella-time.
So anyway, I was so excited when I found out Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey was coming to the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville. We had never been to the circus, and I had also never been to the KFC Yum! Center and was really anxious to check it out. The Center is operated by the Fair Board, my former employer, and I did a lot of work involving the Center, so I was really anxious to see it! It was absolutely phenomenal. We are so lucky to have such an amazing facility in Louisville! There has been a lot of talk regarding an NBA team coming to the facility. I have no idea how much of that is true, but that Center could definitely support a team! If you haven’t seen it yet it is definitely worth a visit!
We left Kendall at home with Uncle Ross. She was not happy to see us leave without her, but she survived! As much as Ella needed time away from Kendall, Kendall needed time away from Mommy! She would disagree, but she definitely needed a reminder that people other than Mommy are perfectly capable of caring for her. :) It worked out perfect that the circus was on Thursday, because that is also “kids eat free” night at Ella’s favorite place to eat – Chick-Fil-A. When I ran the 5K a few weeks ago I got a coupon for a free sandwich, so we all ate for just the price of Ronnie’s meal. Sweet! We got to the circus early and found a nice, free parking spot on the street a few blocks away. The entire walk to the Center, Ella kept saying “Are we at the circus? Is this the circus? Are we there yet?” I’ve never seen her so excited about something! When we arrived we walked around a checked out the Center a little bit. I was pretty pumped to see Homemade Ice Cream & Pie Kitchen vendors, though I opted out of a $6 ice cream cone. Ouch. We wanted to get Ella a souvenier, but the last thing we need in our house is another stuffed animal, so we bought her a cute t-shirt. We found our seats, which were much better than I expected them to be. We were pretty close to the floor and had a great view…though I don’t think that arena has a bad view. When the circus finally began I thought Ella was going to lose it. I’ve never, ever seen her so excited. She kept clapping her hands and yelling “whooooo!!!!” Ronnie and I were cracking up watching her. It was so much fun to see her so excited! She kept leaning over and giving us hugs, saying “I love you Mommy! I love you Daddy!” Then she would say “Where are the elephants? Where are the tigers? Are the animals coming out now?”
The show was amazing. Ronnie and I were as mesmerized as Ella. During the intermission I took Ella for a potty break then let her pick out a snack. I thought she would go for popcorn…she loves popcorn, but the child sitting in front of us was eating a snowcone so she had her heart set on one. So she ended up with a $10 snowcone. But, it was in a really cool elephant souvenir bowl. After intermission the tigers came out. That part was really cool. Then nine elephants came out and they were awesome. I think that was probably Ella’s favorite.
After the circus ended we were walking back to the car and Ronnie asked Ella what her favorite part was. Without hesitation she said, “My favorite part was when the elephant pooped!!” Of course a three yar old's favorite part of the circus would have to involve poop!! Apparently one of the elephants dropped a bomb during their routine. I missed that, but it didn’t get past Ella! Ronnie saw it too, and didn’t know how I could have missed it. I sure hate that I did. ;)
We had a blast at the circus. It was so fun to see Ella so excited! Since it was the first circus for all of us, we were all pretty excited! It was great to have some time with our big girl and hopefully it made her feel pretty special. We certainly feel pretty special to be blessed with such a sweet, energetic and happy daughter!
No comments:
Post a Comment