Monday, April 18, 2011

Birthday Girl!

Kendall is 1!! And, this post is a little overdue because she has now been 1 year old for a week and a half. Woops! 
Kendall's birthday is April 7, but we decided to celebrate a little early and had a party with family on Sunday, April 3. Kendall and Ella were very excited to have the majority of our family at our house - my Mom and Dad, Travis, Andrea, Mammaw (Debbie), Tara, Daniel, Hannah, Ross, Laura, Tim, Charlie, Peyton, Mark, and our neighbor Cheri were all able to celebrate with us. Cheri made an adorable ladybug cake and smash cake for Kendall. Check it out...


Kendall was nearly late for the show. She took a long nap and I finally had to wake her up because we were all just sitting around waiting for the guest of honor. She had a fantastic time at her party. She wasn't all that into opening presents, but of course big sister Ella was there to assist! She did, however, have a great time playing with her new toys after they were opened! Mammaw gave Kendall (and Ella!) a wagon, and they had a great time riding in it after the boys got it all put together! Mom and Dad gave her a toybox for her room. It has been great, and Kendall enjoys playing in her room a lot more now that all her toys are in the toybox. Kendall also received a ton of other toys, some cute clothes, and some money for her savings account. When it came time for cake I was very anxious to see how Kendall would react. Ella barely even touched her cake on her first birthday, but I thought our chunky monkey might go the other route. Though at the same time I wasn't sure because she is not into solid foods at all. Turns out she loved smashing the cake with her hands, and once she got a taste of it she was all over it!! It was pretty funny...and messy!

The birthday girl is awake and ready to party!






WKU Chick!

I want this big one!

Big sister is ready to help!

Where's the cake?













Happy Birthday to you!
Now I have the hang of it!


I'm done now!
 

Fun in the wagon!
The girls with Aunt Tara and Mammaw
The girls with Grandma and Grandpa
Thanks to our wonderful family who made Kendall's 1st Birthday super special!

No comments:

Post a Comment