Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day! The girls and I had a great day today...unfortunately poor Ronnie spent the majority of Father's Day either sleeping or working. He's working night shifts in the ER this weekend which are two very long, very busy shifts. This morning he got home around 10:30 a.m. and was back at work at 8 p.m. tonight. But we still tried to make the most of the few hours we were all able to spend together! Ella was very excited to tell Daddy "Happy Father's Day!" and give him his presents. As soon as he was at the door Ella was pounding on it yelling "Happy Father's Day, Daddy!! You want to open your presents??" 
Ella picked out Daddy's card - it has Cinderella on it and inside she was able to record a message. That was an experience that took longer than I expected. I was helping her remember what to say by whispering it to her and she kept whispering when she said it but it wasn't loud enough to hear. I finally got through to her that I was whispering but she needed to talk loud. It ended up being super cute and Ronnie nearly cried when he opened it.
Ronnie had been wanting a new watch to wear at work so the girls gave him one and he also received The Last Samurai on Blu-ray. A few weeks ago Ronnie purchased a Playstation 3 (no comment) which is also a Blu-ray player. He had been wanting to buy a Blu-ray to play on it so I picked this one out because it is the movie we watched on our first date - December 27, 2003. :)
I am so thankful for the fathers in my life. I am blessed with an amazing father and am so happy that my girls have Ronnie has a father. He works so hard and is usually exhausted when he's not working but he always makes time for the girls and always shows them so much love.
Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of Ronnie with both girls - I'll try to get one tomorrow. We're going to go out to eat for Father's Day since we didn't get a chance to today.

Ella helping Daddy open his card



















No comments:

Post a Comment