Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mother's Day

I realize Mother’s Day was almost two weeks ago, but again I am behind and didn’t get a chance to tell everyone about my great Mother’s Day! Ronnie was on call the night before and was still at work that morning so I had to get the girls and myself ready for church. This was my first time doing that by myself and it was a lot of work but we made it! At the end of the service Pastor Ron asked the kids to come to the front to get a gift for their mothers. Big girl Ella marched right up to the front and brought a cute pad of paper and pen set back for me. She was so sweet!


After church I got the girls loaded into the car and when I got in the driver’s seat there was a card on the dashboard for me. I tried to remember if it was possible that I had missed it on my way to church, but then remembered that Ronnie had been at work all day the day before and I had probably been in my car five times since then and there’s no way I overlooked it that many times! Thankfully he was off work and had just dropped the card off so we all went to Buckhead to eat a yummy lunch. I really wanted a Hot Brown and they make fantastic ones! We got home and I opened my presents. I got a Starbucks gift card, and a new pair of running shorts and a running shirt. I have been super anxious to start exercising again so Ronnie wanted to get a new cute outfit to get me started! I love it! And what better gift to go with running clothes than a gift card to get my favorite…double chocolately chip frappucinos. :)

God has truly blessed me with an awesome mother and I feel so honored to have such a wonderful, caring husband and two beautiful girls who have made me a mother.

Me and my girls!















Ella wanted to try on my new shorts


No comments:

Post a Comment