Thursday, February 24, 2011

I need vacation help...

On July 1 Ronnie will officially be finished with residency…woo hoo!! It’s been a long road for him and I am so proud and excited that he has almost completed his training. He hopes to take a few weeks off before starting his next job and we are talking about taking a long-weekend vacation…just the two of us…sometime that month. We aren’t looking to go very far or spend a lot of money. The girls would be at my parent’s house in southern Kentucky, so we would like to stay within maybe 4-5 hours driving distance. It doesn’t have to be a place with lots of activities or people. We mostly just want to relax and enjoy ourselves for a few days. A lake would be nice. Romantic would be nice. We are going to Gatlinburg in October so we are not interested in traveling there.

If anyone has any ideas or recommendations please let me know!! Thanks!!

5 comments:

  1. Brannon and I went to Asheville, NC in April of last year. We stayed in a chalet in the mountains. It was GORGEOUS! We visited the Biltmore House and Gardens. We went when the tulips were in bloom. It was magnificent. Great get-a-way for us :)
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tiffany! We went to Asheville last October for Jeremy's wedding and it was beautiful. We had the girls with us and were only there for a few days so we didn't get a chance to do much sightseeing. That's a great idea we will definitely keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you go to the Biltmore in June... you would get to see all the rose gardens in bloom! Brannon and I want to go back and stay in a bed and breakfast downtown so we can experience the downtown Asheville since last time we only did the Biltmore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went to Southwest Michigan last year and absolutely loved it. Stayed here: Lakesidecabinsresort.com

    It was only like 3.5hrs away...great beach, cute wineries.

    I'd check on www.vrbo.com for a place to stay; I've always had good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete