Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!

We hope that everyone had a fantastic Halloween! We sure did. I loved the costumes I found for the girls this year - Ella was Mary and Kendall was her "little" Lamb. They were so cute. Thankfully we were able to find 3 opportunities to get them in their costumes - Halloween at the Zoo, the YMCA Fall Festival &, of course, Halloween.
Unforunately Ronnie had to work nights in the ER all of Halloween weekend. As you can imagine, nights at the U of L ER on Halloween weekend is not fun. Lots of partiers who had fallen and hit their heads. Drunk people are not Ronnie's favorite type of patient so unfortunately he didn't have a very good weekend at work.
On Thursday Ronnie and Ella made a jack-o-lantern. Ella had been excited to make one, and she had a blast! I bought a pumpkin carving kit that had all the supplies we needed, including 16 patterns - so this should last a long time! Ella had so much fun getting the "goo" out of the pumpkin, and was especially excited when we turned off the lights and lit the candle. I have a really cute video of them working on the pumpkin and will try to upload it on here.
The girls and I had a great Halloween. Sunday morning we had a good service at church, and when we got home I was able to get both girls down for a nap at the same time so they were well rested for trick or treating. I will admit that I bribed Ella, and told her that we couldn't go trick or treating until she had a nap. Whatever works, right?! I actually had to wake her up, and we went to see Aunt Laura, Uncle Tim, Charlie & Peyton around 4:30. We visited them for awhile and then got back home around 6 p.m. Ronnie had been sleeping but woke up early so that he could do a little trick or treating with the girls before he had to leave for work. Ella had a blast trick or treating on our street. After the first couple of houses she got the hang of knocking on the door, saying trick or treat, and opening her bag for candy. Then she didn't want us to go with her, so we watched on the sidewalk as our big girl marched up to the doors all by herself! It almost made me cry, she was so sweet!
We got tons of compliments on the girls costumes. I loved them because they were cute and inexpensive - Kendall's came from Wal-Mart and Ella's came from a consignment store! Here are a few pictures:

In our yard before we left for Halloween at the zoo
Mary
Our Little Lamb

Ronnie, Ella & the jack-o-lantern they made
The girls & Daddy getting ready to Trick or Treat!
Me and the girls!

Here we go!
Photos by Uncle Tim:

Kendall really wanted one of Aunt Laura's cookies!

Loving sisters!
Excited about the car she was playing with!


Sweet Mary!


No comments:

Post a Comment