Wednesday, August 18, 2010

4 months!

Our wireless is still not working, so I’m still a blog slacker. :)

Last week we took Kendall to her 4 month checkup with Dr. Bindner. I can’t believe 4 months has gone by since our second little blessing arrived! Her checkup went great. She is still our chunky monkey…though she is no longer “off the charts.” She weighs 15 lbs 5 oz (90th percentile) and is 26 inches long (97th percentile). The rest of her checkup went great and it ended with 3 vaccinations – 2 injections and one given orally. Ella was pretty excited about Kendall’s shots (go figure). When the nurse walked in to measure Kendall she immediately asked where the shot was, and when Dr. Bindner came in she asked her the same thing. We’ll see how excited she is when it’s her turn to get a flu shot in the next couple of months!

Dr. Bindner encouraged us to go on and try rice cereal. We didn’t start Ella on rice cereal until she was 6 months old, but circumstances are different this time. Ella’s weight gain drastically slowed down when she was this age so we wanted to keep her solely on breastmilk until she was 6 months old to make sure she was getting enough fat and nourishment as possible. Kendall, however, has had NO problems gaining weight and Dr. Bindner thought it would help with her reflux. In the last week we have tried both rice cereal and oatmeal cereal but she hasn’t taken an interest in either so we aren’t pushing it. She still seems to have her tongue-thrust reflex so until that is gone we won’t expect results. Oh well…she’s getting what she needs!

Kendall is rolling all over the place now. She rolls all over the living room and in her crib. She also laughs all the time, especially when we make her dance. The first time she laughed was a few weeks when we were watching Glee and I started spinning her arms and singing “Rollin’ on the River.” :) The other day we had a little scare when she popped herself out of her Bumbo chair. She was sitting in the Bumbo with me in the kitchen while I was cooking and all of the sudden I heard a “plop” and she started crying. I turned to find her lying face down next to the Bumbo. Thank goodness it was on the floor! Needless to say she now only sits in the Bumbo when we are within arm’s reach! Kendall is a fantastic baby. The only “issue” we are having is that she is very, very Mommy-attached. Especially when we go to the YMCA. Some days (like today) the nursery workers have to come get me because she gets so upset. But they are great and have really been working well with her to help her get used to them. I didn’t expect separation to be an issue until later on and was very surprised when she started having trouble there. As long as Mommy is in view she is fine, but if I go away, watch out!



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment