We made it! I’m 37 weeks today so with Kendall’s due date only 3 weeks away (April 13) we have officially made it to full term. It was 4 weeks ago when we found out that I had started progressing so we never thought I would make it this far. Now we’re wondering if maybe Kendall will bake longer than Ella did! Ella was born at 37 weeks 6 days. I’m about where I was last week – I’ve just gone from 3 cm to 3.5 cm. Dr. Paul mentioned that her head is so low that if I start exercising again (which I am VERY excited to do!) it probably won’t be long. When I woke Ella up this morning so we could leave I told her that we were going to see Dr. Paul and check on baby Kendall. She loves going to the doctor's office and is clearly a doctor's child - she is completely fascinated by all things medical. Her hilarious comment this morning was "she check mommy's heart...put sanitizer on her belly." Apparently Ella thinks the gel they put on my belly for the ultrasound is hand sanitizer - which she is also obsessed with!
My appointment went well. I had another ultrasound to check my amniotic fluid levels because they have been borderline low the last 2 weeks. It was still low but nothing to be too concerned about. Ella is fantastic at the doctor’s office and loves watching ultrasounds. Today she sat as still as could be in a chair next to me and kept saying “There’s baby Kendall!...Look Mommy it’s baby Kendall!...What is baby Kendall doing?” The ultrasound tech, Amy, gets a kick out of her. Kendall , my usually hyperactive girl, was a sleepy girl this morning. She slept through most of the ultrasound and kept putting her hands over her face when Amy was banging the wand on my stomach to try to wake her up.
Ella absolutely adores Dr. Paul, my OB. We got lucky and she was the doctor on call when Ella was born. We have a picture of her holding Ella right after she was born and Ella likes looking at that picture and seeing Dr. Paul. We also love Dr. Paul because she let Ronnie help deliver Ella! Today Dr. Paul’s baby was at the office so Ella loved seeing baby Liam and has been talking about him since we left. She is on call tomorrow so we would love for tomorrow to be the day!
No comments:
Post a Comment